Wednesday 12 December 2012

The Dead of Winter - 1st Place Winner


Hi. Today I have my Cairn Wraith to share with you.
This is display piece I did for this years christmas GW competition in my area.
I was lucky to win first place for the theme 'Winter'.
Anything was allowed as entries but it must include snow or winter themes.

I decided on simple, straightforward approach, no nonsense just paint it.

I love the new wraith kit (the beautiful flowing nature of the sculpture)
and wanted to create a realistic worn leathery look to the robes and hood,
 of course adding lots of snowy icy terrain to the base itself.
 I made the frozen pool with actual glass, it has a nice depth 
you cannot really see in the photography ( I am bad at camerawork hehe).

Well, I hope you like him.


The dying of the years end..


It's one of my favourite undead sculpts of all time.


A reaping we shall go..


I found eroded glass on the beach. It became an icy pool..


Lots of glazes to get smooth leather and worn effects.



Back to improving photography, more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.