Saturday 30 March 2013

Saint-Saëns - Danse Macabre WIP

I am working on the core units now and firing all cylinders late into the nights.

Mainly a large block of 40 warriors in the mid stages of completion. 
I was never a fan of lungless undead carrying large wind instruments into battle so I set about creating my own musician model and I am quite happy with the final posing and sculpy work so I have begun painting.

As a child I was very fortunate, in that my grandfather was a constant source of education and inspiration to me. He was a classical Violinist, and he would practice on Sunday afternoons while I sat and drew little pictures for him as he played. One of my cherished memories is my gramps sat on his stool, playing along to Saint-Saëns - Danse Macabre, a soaring, powerful piece and one of my all time favourite pieces of music.
He really was a maestro with the bow and strings and would launch into the piece with gusto while his old record player popped and crackled out the orchestral accompaniment.

Well, years later, I decided to honour this memory and bring to life something I always imagined in my mind. There really was only one choice of musician to play my legions forward into the enemy...



Saint-Saëns - Danse Macabre WIP


And in case you have never experienced the inspiration..


More creepy stuff soon..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.